We cannot guarantee that all donated items will be showcased, but objects meeting the following criteria will be considered for display:
- Artefacts relating to herbal/folk medicine (Irish artefacts desirable but European and International objects welcomed) including; mortars, pestles, pots, stills etc.
- Artefacts relating to apothecary/pharmacy in Ireland and elsewhere including; bottles, ointment jars, shop displays, drawers, cabinets etc.
- Written material with reference to herbal remedies/cures/botany including; books, herbals, manuscripts, prescriptions, articles, journals etc.
- Decorative arts with reference to herbal medicine/botany to include; prints, paintings, sketches
- Ornaments/furniture dating from the Georgian era including; gilt frames, soft furnishings, tables, sideboards, dressers, rugs etc.
- Oral histories and family cures
Anyone wishing to donate to the Shanbally House collection, you can enquire by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have a story to tell re: Herbal Medicine in Tipperary over the years, we would also like to hear from you.