Shanbally Museum Call For Donations
We are anticipating the opening of Shanbally House in the Autumn of next 2020. Therefore, we are making an open call to members of the public who may wish to donate artefacts, collectables or objects of curiosity to be considered as items for potential display at Shanbally museum.
Artefacts, Collectables & Objects Of Curiosity
We cannot guarantee that all donated items will be showcased, but objects meeting the following criteria will be considered for display:
- Artefacts relating to herbal/folk medicine (Irish artefacts desirable but European and International objects welcomed) including; mortars, pestles, pots, stills etc.
- Artefacts relating to apothecary/pharmacy in Ireland and elsewhere including; bottles, ointment jars, shop displays, drawers, cabinets etc.
- Written material with reference to herbal remedies/cures/botany including; books, herbals, manuscripts, prescriptions, articles, journals etc.
- Decorative arts with reference to herbal medicine/botany to include; prints, paintings, sketches
- Ornaments/furniture dating from the Georgian era including; gilt frames, soft furnishings, tables, sideboards, dressers, rugs etc.
- Oral histories and family cures
Anyone wishing to donate to the Shanbally House collection, you can enquire by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have a story to tell re: Herbal Medicine in Tipperary over the years, we would also like to hear from you.